Recipe by Sharon123
If you love black pepper you will love this! If you wish, you may use less, to taste. Adapted from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book cookbook. Enjoy!
Top Review by rosie316
I actually made 2 batches of this popcorn, only because I was a little unsure of the ingredients (cheese). I first tried this using 3/4 cup of FRESHLY grated cheese, and it was very tasty. But then I tried the 2nd batch using 1/4 cup of that dry, grated parm that comes in the shaker bottle. That, too, was very tasty. I think the black pepper makes it really stand out. I will definately be making this again. P.S. The only thing I did differently was I had to use my electric popcorn popper because out gas stove is being repaired. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Hubby and I enjoyed it very much! (Made for PRMR" tag).
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I like olive oil or corn oil)
- 2 tablespoons hot melted butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the popcorn and oil in a large kettle or pot with a tight fitting lid and place over medium high heat. when the corn begins to pop, shake the pot constantly. When the popping slows, remove the pot from the heat and pour the butter over the top. Combine the spices and toss with the popped corn. This is also good with a little nutritional yeast added. Yum!