This comes from 101cookbooks.com. It looks so unusual I have to try it!
Make and share this Black Pepper and Lime Oven Fries recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375, oven racks in the middle.
- In a medium bowl toss the potato wedges with the olive oil, a few big pinches of sea salt and five or six cranks of the pepper grinder. Arrange the potatoes cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, tossing the potatoes with a spatula half way through.
- While the potatoes are baking, zest the lime and cut it into a few wedges.
- When the potatoes are cooked through, remove them from the oven, taste, and adjust the seasoning. Add more salt and pepper to taste (don't skimp on the pepper!).
- Serve in a big shallow bowl, or on a platter, drizzled with lime juice and dusted with the lime zest and Parmesan.
I did not skimp on the pepper as suggested, but it really overwhelmed the lime and parm flavor. Next time, I'll skimp a little. Otherwise, a nice accompanyment to the main dish.
These were a nice change! I followed the recipe exactly, and I think I would have like for the fries to turn out a bit crispier (this was even pre-lime juicing!), but the taste was very different and a bit hit with the friends. Thank you for posting, dicentra!
MMM.. this turned really good. Thank you.