Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are good with cocktails. Recipe from Bon Appetit
Make and share this Black Pepper Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 2⁄3 cups blanched whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line Large baking sheet with foil. Lightly butter foil.
- Mix pepper and salt in small bowl.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add sugar and 4 tsp water; stir until sugar dissolves. Add almonds; toss to coat. Cook over medium heat until syrup thickens and almonds are well coated, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer almonds to baking sheet. Using spatula and working quickly, separae almonds. Sprinkle remaining pepper mixture over.
- Bake until deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer sheet to rack; cool.
- Note: Can be made 4 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
We LOVED these almonds, sweet and savory and peppery.
"These are good with cocktails"...said cookiedog. I say these are good with anything!!! These are absolutely wonderful. Like other reviewers, I used natural almonds, unblanched. My coating stuck to mine just fine, and the salt and pepper mix was perfect. I'll make this one again! Thanks so much for sharing.
Munch munch munch...I don't think I'll have any left for my orignally intended purpose...off to make more! Made for ZWT5