Recipe by Boomette
This recipe has to be done a day ahead. From Ricardo. You'll have remaining olives breadcrumbs. This will be good on pasta, fish and green salads. Keep in an hermetic container.
Black Olives Breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups kalamata olives, in oil, strained, pit removed and roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 lb soft fresh goat cheese, un matured
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Black Olives Breadcrumbs: Put rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 250°F Put parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, cover olives with cold water and let stand about 15 minutes. This step helps to take out the salt. Drain and put olives on the baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 3 hours and a half to 4 hours or until olives are completely dry. Let cool.
- In a small food processor, reduce olives in a fine powder with the breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- Truffles: In a bowl, mix cheese and thyme with a fork. Add pepper. With a spoon, take about 1 tablespoon of cheese for each truffle and shape in balls with hands. Roll in the olives breadcrumbs and keep in the fridge.