Recipe by VenomousKate
Every time I've made this super easy tapenade, I've had dozens of requests for the recipe. It's so delicious that I'm always tempted to eat it all myself! Finally I decided I'd post it a 'Zaar and point folks here. Maybe I'll save a tree in the process? (Note: This is a snap to make. The 6 hours of passive cooking time reflects how long it needs to chill before serving.)
- 1 cup small black olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces anchovies, drained
- 6 ounces tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Use canned, pitted small black olives and measure before chopping.
- Chop olives and garlic together in a food processor.
- Add anchovies, tuna, capers, 1/4 cup olive oil, Dijon mustard and hot sauce. Process until smooth.
- Scrape mixture into bowl.
- Pour 2 tsp.of olive oil on top. DO NOT STIR!
- Cover tightly and chill 6 or more hours. This is very important to allow the flavors to blend and mellow.
- Stir well before serving with crusty bread, crackers or "dipping" vegetables.
- Note: Will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks in a tightly sealed container.