Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Every time I've made this super easy tapenade, I've had dozens of requests for the recipe. It's so delicious that I'm always tempted to eat it all myself! Finally I decided I'd post it a 'Zaar and point folks here. Maybe I'll save a tree in the process? (Note: This is a snap to make. The 6 hours of passive cooking time reflects how long it needs to chill before serving.)
- NOTE: Use canned, pitted small black olives and measure before chopping.
- Chop olives and garlic together in a food processor.
- Add anchovies, tuna, capers, 1/4 cup olive oil, Dijon mustard and hot sauce. Process until smooth.
- Scrape mixture into bowl.
- Pour 2 tsp.of olive oil on top. DO NOT STIR!
- Cover tightly and chill 6 or more hours. This is very important to allow the flavors to blend and mellow.
- Stir well before serving with crusty bread, crackers or "dipping" vegetables.
- Note: Will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks in a tightly sealed container.
was very delicious,was worried about the tuna but ended up being a hit." i only added fresh tyme as a garnish" yummmm