Recipe by quixoposto
An twist on traditional pesto. Use as a spread, on pasta, or pizzas. Don't over process. Source: Michael Roberts, Trumps, Los Angeles, printed in the San Jose Mercury News 3/4/1987
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 5 tablespoons pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3⁄4-1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup black kalamata olive, pitted
- 2 cups parsley (leaves only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pine nuts, 2 oz olive oil, cheese, garlic and anchovies in food processor.
- Blend just until mixture is chunky/smooth combination. Add olive oil, little by little, until mixture is about to separate.
- Add olives and parsley, process just until smooth. Strive for a gritty consistency -- not too smooth.