Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very easy different and tasty style pasta sauce.
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh chili pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 125 ml oil
- 225 g plum tomatoes (fresh chopped roughly)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained and chopped)
- 100 g black olives (stoned and halved)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, and add the garlic and chili and cook over a medium heat until they are a golden colour.
- Peel the tomatoes and chop roughly, add these to the pan, and season with the salt and pepper, cook over a low heat for about 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Before serving add the capers, olives and parsley.
- Serve with cooked pasta.
Delicious !! Added a zucchini fresh from the garden and some cheese at the end. I am posting a pic of the lovely fresh ingredients that went into this !
I did add in 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce with the rest of the ingredients to give it a little more consistency. No one knew the difference, and it gave something to cling to the pasta. We loved it and will have again!
I prefer my sauce a little more "saucy" so next time I may throw in some tomato paste or cornstarch to thicken it up a bit. Excellent flavors though. I did sub chili pepper flakes for the fresh chili (availability). Will use tonight. Dinner will be a chicken breast with black olive pasta sauce served atop creamy cheese polenta. YUM