This is a sesame-free hummus that I make for a friend with allergies. It is a huge hit. You can either use pitted kalamata olives, or for a more intense flavor, you can buy black olive paste at most mediterranean groceries. Marmarabirlik salted black olive paste is my favorite.
- All all ingredients except oils, water and salt to a food processor.
- Pulse ingredients until they start to form a paste.
- Add lemon olive oil, and turn food processor on.
- Add olive oil a tbsp at a time until you reach a smooth creamy texture.
- If the hummus is too thick, add water in teaspoons to help thin it out.
- Taste and add salt if needed. (if using olive paste, you will not need salt.).