1/1 Photo of Black Olive Hummus
Amy Jo in Chicago, IL's Note:
This is a sesame-free hummus that I make for a friend with allergies. It is a huge hit. You can either use pitted kalamata olives, or for a more intense flavor, you can buy black olive paste at most mediterranean groceries. Marmarabirlik salted black olive paste is my favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1All all ingredients except oils, water and salt to a food processor.
- 2Pulse ingredients until they start to form a paste.
- 3Add lemon olive oil, and turn food processor on.
- 4Add olive oil a tbsp at a time until you reach a smooth creamy texture.
- 5If the hummus is too thick, add water in teaspoons to help thin it out.
- 6Taste and add salt if needed. (if using olive paste, you will not need salt.).
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Olive Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 491.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g