Recipe by Chef at Large
Good recipe for those folks who only want pasta with olive oil and not any white, rose and red sauce.
- 1 (9 ounce) can pitted black olives
- 3 tablespoons brine-cured black olives, juice
- 2 tablespoons onions, Peeled
- 2 tablespoons parsley, Fresh
- 1 teaspoon thyme, Fresh
- 1 teaspoon oregano, Dried
- 2 garlic cloves, Peeled
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 scallions, Fresh Sliced
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Set a large pot of salted water and bring to a full boil.
- In a food processor, combine the black olives, brine, onions, parsley, tyme, orgeno, garlic, jalapeno pepper, balsamic venegar and the virgin olive oil; pulse until coarsely chopped and the ingedients are combined into a pesto like consistency.
- Place fettucine pasta into boiling water and cook until el dente. Drain the pasta.
- Place fettucine pasta into a serving bowl and mix in the black black olive pesto mixture, salt and pepper to taste. Scatter parmasen cheese lemon zest and sliced scallions over the top. Mix the toppings into the pasta.