Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was clipped from some magazine years ago.
- 5 3⁄4 ounces pitted ripe olives, super colossal-size
- 22 slices pepperoni, sliced thin and 1 1/2-inches in diameter
- cheese, of your choice, cut in 2-inch long, thin julienne strips
- carrots or zucchini, cut into 2-inch long, thin julienne strips or bell peppers, cut into 2- inch long, thin julienne strips or kohlrabi, cut into 2-inch long, thin julienne strips
- fresh herb, for garnish (dill, basil, parsley or tarragon)
- Cut thin slice off bottom of each olive, forming a flat base.
- Roll up slice of pepperoni and place inside pitted end of each olive.
- Fill center of each pepperoni slice with desired combination of cheese, vegetables and herbs.
- Stand olives on serving plate.
Crowd Pleaser- I think next time I will pipe a little herbed cream cheese into the olive and then add the pepperoni and julienned vegies-Thank you for posting
Very interesting and unique idea! I used strips of cheddar cheese, strips of carrot, and long green chives as the fresh herb. For me the flavor of the olives seemed to overwhelm all the other flavors; I'd like to try this again with slightly smaller olives.
I made these the other night when I had company. They were fantastic. They went so quickly I am glad I tried one when I was making them or there would of been none for me to try. I mixed them up using carrots and red bell peppers and Cheddar and Colby Jack cheese. I couldn't find the super colossal size so had to settle for the largest they had. But all worked out wonderful.