- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 5 ounces black olives, pitted
- 12 pecans, halved, shelled
- 2⁄3 cup single cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic and thyme, and gently fry for a few minutes until the shallots are soft and just beginning to caramelise.
- Add the olives, pecans and cream. Simmer for a few minutes. Season to taste, bearing in mind the saltiness of the olives.