Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you're a bean lover like me, this will keep you smiling. From TOH, this recipe has less sugar, salt and fat. So, you'll be happy AND healthy!
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml chopped cucumber
- 118.29 ml chopped sweet red pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml minced fresh cilantro or 59.14 ml parsley
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar or 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil or 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml pepper
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil and seasonings.Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve over lettuce leaves, if desired.
This was a really nice, pleasant-tasting bean salad that is very mild in flavor. I made this exactly as posted, and ended up with a healthy salad for lunch. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
This is a really pretty salad. My family loved it, even our picky eater. I have made it again and am taking it to a pot luck tonight. I added corn to mine, but other than that I left everything the same. Very pretty and very tasty!