Recipe by DuChick
If you're a bean lover like me, this will keep you smiling. From TOH, this recipe has less sugar, salt and fat. So, you'll be happy AND healthy!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a really nice, pleasant-tasting bean salad that is very mild in flavor. I made this exactly as posted, and ended up with a healthy salad for lunch. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 118.29 ml chopped cucumber
- 118.29 ml chopped sweet red pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml minced fresh cilantro or 59.14 ml parsley
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar or 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil or 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml pepper
- lettuce leaf (optional)