Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you're a bean lover like me, this will keep you smiling. From TOH, this recipe has less sugar, salt and fat. So, you'll be happy AND healthy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil and seasonings.Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve over lettuce leaves, if desired.
This was a really nice, pleasant-tasting bean salad that is very mild in flavor. I made this exactly as posted, and ended up with a healthy salad for lunch. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
This is a really pretty salad. My family loved it, even our picky eater. I have made it again and am taking it to a pot luck tonight. I added corn to mine, but other than that I left everything the same. Very pretty and very tasty!