Recipe by DuChick
If you're a bean lover like me, this will keep you smiling. From TOH, this recipe has less sugar, salt and fat. So, you'll be happy AND healthy!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a really nice, pleasant-tasting bean salad that is very mild in flavor. I made this exactly as posted, and ended up with a healthy salad for lunch. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce leaf (optional)