1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Shirl in OK's Note:
We like this cake because it's a dark dense cake with a different texture than most chocolate cakes. Very good served with a dip of vanilla ice cream. I cut this from a magazine and have made it many times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Grease a 12 cup Bundt Pan.
- 3In 4qt.
- 4microwave safe bowl, combine butter, syrup and candy bars, heat 5 1/2 minutes on medium (50% power) whisking once.
- 5Whisk until smooth.
- 6Whisk in sugar, then buttermilk, vanilla and eggs.
- 7Stir in flour, cocoa, salt and soda.
- 8Pour batter into pan.
- 9Bake 1 1/2 hours or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- 10Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 11Loosen cake from pan, invert onto rack to cool.
- 12After cake has completely cooled sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 13(The cake is so rich it needs no icing).
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Magic Cake
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 319.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g