1/4 Photos of Black Licorice Caramels
Rollin in the Dough!'s Note:
I make these every year for Christmas candy and every March for my uncle on his birthday! I get requests for the recipe EVERY time I make these and always have to hide some when I take to family parties so the people who arrive late can have some too! Very easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heavy pan melt butter on low-med heat; add sweet cond milk, Karo syrup, sugar and salt.
- 2Place a candy thermometer on side of pan, be careful to not touch bottom of pan.
- 3Stirring CONSTANTLY, cook on medium heat to 234 degrees.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Add Anise extract and black food coloring paste.
- 6Pour into a buttered 9x13" pan.
- 7Cool and cut into desired pieces.
- 8Wrap in wax paper.
- 9It will be gone before ya know it!
- 10* This caramel is soft and chewy. If you would like it more firm, cook until about 244 degrees. I find that using the brand Karo for the corn syrup works best, because some of the "off" brands contain water in the ingredients*.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Licorice Caramels
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 48.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g