This recipe was posted years ago in the Houston Post. Very delicious! I end up using a little less of the beef base since it seems a little to salty and I cook the carrots in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute beef, onion, celery and garlic in a large pan until well done, strain off fat.
- 2Boil potatoes until fork tender, drain and mash with butter.
- 3Blanch carrots and add to beef mixture.
- 4Make a gravy in a small sauce pan with beef base and water, whisk in enough flour to thicken, about 2 tablespoons.
- 5When gravy comes to a boil, add to beef carrot mixture, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Spoon mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish. Spoon potatoes on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with cheese and let set until cheese melts about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Labrador Shepherds Pie
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.6 mg
- Sodium 251.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 33.4 g