Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was posted years ago in the Houston Post. Very delicious! I end up using a little less of the beef base since it seems a little to salty and I cook the carrots in the microwave.
- Saute beef, onion, celery and garlic in a large pan until well done, strain off fat.
- Boil potatoes until fork tender, drain and mash with butter.
- Blanch carrots and add to beef mixture.
- Make a gravy in a small sauce pan with beef base and water, whisk in enough flour to thicken, about 2 tablespoons.
- When gravy comes to a boil, add to beef carrot mixture, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish. Spoon potatoes on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with cheese and let set until cheese melts about 5 minutes.