Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Bangor Daily News Recipe by Chef Roger Gelis of New Moon. Haven't tried this yet but it's on my "recipes to try soon" list! =)
- 1 (1/2 lb) bag walnuts
- 3 fluid ounces Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bitters
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Blanch walnuts, then flambe in a large saute pan with Jack Daniels.
- Add bitters and Worcestershire sauce, then add brown sugar and spices.
- Spread out on cookie sheet, toast in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.