Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe trying to make a version of Dave & Buster's Black Jack Burger, but with a twist. D&B is my son's favorite place to eat and the BJB is what he ALWAYS orders. He and I both loved them and we hope you do too! By the way... I didn't measure as I was making them so the the measurements listed are a guesstimate (my best guess). *** A note... I made these again last night for DS and his friend but we didn't have any pickles. Pickles are a must, without them the burgers are just not the same!
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bacon on a broiler pan and cook for 10 - 12 minutes, until crispy.
- Meanwhile,Combine ground beef with 4T BBQ sauce, grill seasoning and bread crumbs.
- Form into small patties and using your thumb, form a deep indent into the center of each patty (this prevents them from shrinking).
- On an indoor grill, grill patties over medium heat until both sides have grill marks.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and lower the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Transfer sliders to the oven and cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove the sliders from the oven and top with condiments and serve.
I've never had a Dave & Buster's Black Jack Burger so I can't compare these but simple as they were, they turned out very delicious! I admittedly left off the pickles although the recipe says it's a must, but I don't like pickles on my burger. I made mini rolls using Ted's Special Mini Loaves White Bread (Bread Machine) and it was great! I topped my little burgers with mayo, lettuce, bacon, ketchup, hot sauce and caramelized onions. They were delicious like this and the patties were quite flavourful. Maybe too much breadcrumbs for my liking, as I actually tasted it a bit. I would make this again though. Thanks for sharing.