Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are nice when preparing something on the grill...will cook in 3 hours on low or 1 1/2 hours on high....When recipe is done..that is the time to quickly stir in grated cheese..and serve immediately...use more or less pepper sauce to your personal preference...
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup stick butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped red onion (optional)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, for later
- Place all ingredients except cheese in slow cooker.Mix well.
- Cook 3 hours on Low or 1 1/2 hours on High.
- When recipe is done---quickly stir in grated cheese.
Love these, but I never add the butter.
This was a very good dish! My husband wasn't too sure when he peeked into the crock before I added the cheese, but after the cheese was added it turned into a delish, creamy side dish! I think next time I make this I will serve it over brown rice for a great vegetarian meal! Thanks for posting the recipe. I will definately be making this again soon.
These beans are great on flour tortillas or just out of a bowl. I halved the amount of butter. I did use the optional chopped red onions and recommend using them. As far as the flavor, I thought there was just a little something lacking. So, I added some cumin and cilantro. Overall, this is a nice black bean recipe and I will make it again. Thanx for sharing!