Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in my local newspaper a couple years ago.
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt, set aside. Melt 1¼ cups of the chocolate chips and the unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Beat the butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl for 4 minutes at medium speed. Scrape down sides and beat 2 more minutes. Add the melted chocolate and beat one minute more. Add the sifted dry ingredients and the remaining chocolate chips and beat just until mixed. Refrigerate the batter for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of dough per cookie on greased cookie sheet, bake for 9 minutes (don't overbake). Cool on wire rack and try not to eat them all in one sitting.
- You can also add some nuts if you like, I've used pecans and macadamia and both worked very well.
Oh these are fantastic- death by chocolate! Pure chocolate heaven! Not for the faint of heart! Bittersweet, chewy, rich! I can't find my recipe and just searched Recipezaar on the off chance and here it is! Thank you!
My, oh my, are these ever good! If you're a chocoholic, one of these will fix you right up! I didn't add any nuts, but never missed them. A true gourmet cookie. Thnx for posting. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.