Recipe by Chef Itchy Monkey
It's Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. You've got a fridge full of leftovers, and you're famished after a morning of door-buster sales. I promise you this hot and toasty sandwich will really hit the spot! I recommend #141048 for the stuffing!
Top Review by megs_
YUM! I saw Pioneer Woman make a similiar sandwich to this and couldn't wait to try it. It's fabulous! I used swiss cheese, and added a little cranberry sauce as well as a spoonful of turkey gravy. I also put a little dijon on it for some tang, best sandwich ever!
- 2 slices sourdough bread (or any favorite bread) or 2 slices white bread (or any favorite bread)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 ounces cooked turkey
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup prepared stuffing
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat panini grill to medium-high. Warm leftover turkey and stuffing in the microwave.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread, lay butter-side down on your work surface.
- On one slice of bread, layer ingredients in the following order: 1 slice cheese, turkey, stuffing, black pepper (if desired), 1 slice cheese, top piece of bread, with buttered sides facing out.
- Place assembled sandwich on the hot grill, and close, pressing down for about a minute to consolidate ingredients. Continue cooking for a few minutes, until golden brown.