Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Perfect for the holidays! **Time is estimated.
- 1 lb dark semi-sweet chocolate, chopped, divided
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons kirschwasser (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- additional dried cherries, chopped (to garnish)
- Place 9 ounces of chopped chocolate in a large bowl.
- Scald the cream in a small saucepan until small bubbles form along the sides of the pan.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 1 minute.
- Gently whisk the chocolate and cream until it is well-combined. Stir in the chopped cherries and the kirschwasser.
- Cover the chocolate with cling wrap and allow it to come to room temperature. Place the truffle cream in the refrigerator to firm up for about 2 hours.
- Form the truffles. You can use a spoon to scoop 1-inch truffles onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Alternately, you can fill a piping bag (fitting with a ½-inch round tip) and pipe 1-inch mounds on a prepared baking sheet. Either way, place the formed truffles in the refrigerator to firm up for an hour.
- Pour the cocoa powder on a sheet of waxed paper or parchment. Dust your hand with cocoa, and roll the truffle mounds into balls. Return to the refrigerator until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- Temper the remaining pound of chocolate.
- Dip the formed truffles in the chocolate and return them to the baking sheet. While the chocolate is still wet, top each truffle with a sliver of dried cherry. Repeat for all truffles, and chill in the refrigerator until set, about 15 minutes. Serve at room temperature, and store excess in an airtight container in the refrigerator.