- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 19 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup rum (can substitute apple juice and rum extract)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- whipping cream
- chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake according to package and cool.
- Cut the cake into layers, then into pieces.
- Place them so that they cover the bottom and sides of a large bowl.
- Pour in cherry pie filling and cover with remaining cake.
- Sprinkle rum over the cake.
- Make pudding and pour over next.
- Cover with whipped cream, shaved chocolate, and fresh cherries if desired.