Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was found on the recipe site of Dierberg's grocery store. A friend made it and said it was very good although did not come close to filling her trifle bowl. I made this for a co-worker's birthday, doubling the recipe, the doubled amount fit my trifle bowl perfectly. The dessert disappeared very quickly too!
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpitted tart cherries, drained reserving liquid
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- chocolate curls (to garnish)
- Prepare brownie batter according to directions for cake-like brownies. Bake in 8 inch square pan; cool.
- In small saucepan, combine reserved cherry liquid, sugar, cornstarch and almond extract; cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cherries and food color.
- Cool completely.
- In large mixer bowl, beat pudding mix, milk and cream at high speed until thickened and smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Cut brownies into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Arrange half the cubes in 2/1/2 to 3 quart trifle bowl.
- Spoon half the cherry mixture on top; spread half the cream mixture over the cherries.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle chocolate curls over top.
- Chill until ready to serve.