Recipe by Ms. Baker
I found this recipe while trying to check my email. It was a happy "Oops". They looked so unique and tasty that I had to share.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the pie filling for garnish; set aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cake batter into each of 24 paper-lined medium muffin cups.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon each of the cream cheese mixture and the remaining pie filling.
- Cover evenly with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Top cupcakes with whipped topping and remaining pie filling just before serving.