Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe while trying to check my email. It was a happy "Oops". They looked so unique and tasty that I had to share.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the pie filling for garnish; set aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cake batter into each of 24 paper-lined medium muffin cups.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon each of the cream cheese mixture and the remaining pie filling.
- Cover evenly with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Top cupcakes with whipped topping and remaining pie filling just before serving.