Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe while trying to check my email. It was a happy "Oops". They looked so unique and tasty that I had to share.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the pie filling for garnish; set aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cake batter into each of 24 paper-lined medium muffin cups.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon each of the cream cheese mixture and the remaining pie filling.
- Cover evenly with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Top cupcakes with whipped topping and remaining pie filling just before serving.
These were really good. I made sure I didn't overfill the tins. Also served with cream cheese frosting, but I think a dusting of powdered sugar would have been great too.
These were just ok. If I were going to indulge in some extra calories and fat, I would pass up this cupcake. First of all, the cream cheese mixture was virtually tastless. Secondly, after one day the center of these cupcakes got soggy. And finally, they really need frosting instead of whipped topping. Not worth the trouble.