1/2 Photos of Black Forest Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Ooh, I remember this being really good! Chocolate and cherries are the best combination. This was "the" pie for my family one year in the early 80's. No event was without one of these pies. Then we sort of lost track of the recipe, and when I recently unearthed it I just had to post it. The times listed don't include cooling and chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package pillsbury all ready pie crust (or make your own if you're good at pie crust!)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip or 1 (9 ounce) container similar whipped topping, thawed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare pie crust according to package directions for filled 1-crust pie, using 1 tsp flour.
- 3In a saucepan combine sugar, cocoa and 2 tbs flour, then add butter and milk.
- 4Cook until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- 5Add a small amount of the hot mixture to the eggs and then return the mixture to the pan.
- 6Fold half the can of pie filling into the mixture in the pan.
- 7Pour into the crust.
- 8Bake 35-45 minutes or until center is set but still shiny.
- 9Cool and then chill at least one hour.
- 10Combine 2 cups of Cool Whip with the grated chocolate and spread over the cooled pie.
- 11Top with the remaining pie filling and then the remaining Cool Whip.
- 12Chill 1/2 hour.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Pie
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.5
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 86.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: