Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the cookbook "There IS Life after Lettuce" by Pepper Durcholz, Alberta Gentry, Carolyn Williamson, M.S., this dessert sounds simple and good.
- Blend cream cheese with 1/4 cup skim milk on low speed of electric mixer, until smooth.
- Add remaining milk and pudding mix.
- Mix 1 or 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Mix cornstarch in cherry juice until dissolved.
- Add to cherries and cook until it boils for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in Equal.
- Alternately spoon pudding and cherries into parfait dishes, ending with pudding.
- Garnish with 2 cherries.
- Nutrients per serving: Calories 116, fat 3.5gm, cholesterol 14mg, carbohydrate 16g, sodium 304mg.
- Exchanges: Bread 1/2, milk 1/2, fruit 1/2, fat 1.
Sweet Heaven. This lovely recipe ended up being last nights dinner (no Vic, not all of it, lol, but I'll confess to thinking about it!). I used low fat cream cheese..can't get neuf around here. The chocolate, cheese and cherries are divine by any standard but with the low fat and sugar it's over the top perfect. Smooth, creamy, rich, delicious and *Delicious*. Total yumm and a 5 star winner gf.