Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 20 mins
Source: Taste of Home
Make and share this Black Forest Oatmeal Crisps recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 6 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, chopped or 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied red cherries, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in milk and extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.