Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe adapted to fit into phase 2 of the South Beach diet.
- 1 cup butter substitute, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 ounces dried tart cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 5 -6 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips and cherries by hand.
- Spread dough evenly into ungreased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Drizzle: Stir together 1 1/2 cups splenda, 1/4 cups cornstarch together in small bowl.
- Gradually stir in enough water for desired drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over bars.