Recipe by Linda in South Africa
This recipe is VERY tasty and elegant and takes no baking!(unless you have to bake the Swiss Roll yourself) It looks divine in a clear glass bowl where one can see the layers.I found it in a South African Magazine .If you don't like the Liquer in the recipe you can make it without it still tastes divine. ..of course it is better with the liquer!
- 6 (397 g) cans condensed milk
- 6 (250 g) packagessmooth cream cheese
- 375 ml lemon juice
- 1 bottle cherry liqueur (Buy in a Liquer store)
- 3 (425 g) cans black cherries
- 1 package sliced almonds
- 200 g chocolate, flakes made by scraping a slab of chocolates with a knife.
- 350 ml fresh cream
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 125 ml cake flour
- 125 ml caster sugar
- 5 ml baking powder
- 60 g cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Condensed milk,Cream Cheese,+ Lemon Juice.
- Slice Swiss Roll and place in layer in bottom of glass serving dish.
- Sprinkle with Cherry Liquer[not the whole bottle] sprinkle to taste.
- Don't soak swiss roll in Liquer!
- Put some of Black Cherries on top-a few will do.
- Sprinkle with Almonds.
- Spoon a layer of Cream Cheese mixture over the Almonds.
- Cover with some Chocolate flakes.
- Repeat layers finishing with Cream Cheese layer.
- Lastly Decorate with whipped fresh Cream followed by a last layer of flaked chocolate flakes.
- Cool in Refrigerator over night or for 3-4 hours.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR BAKING SWISS ROLL : Preheat oven to 400F.
- Whisk egg yolks and Castor Sugar together.
- Add the whisked egg whites.
- Mix with this the Cake Flour+ Cocoa Powder+ Baking powder.
- Pour dough into flat swiss roll pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes by 400F. Let Cool.
- Spread some previously prepared Chocolate icing or filling on to baked Swiss Roll and roll it up.
- leave to cool.
- [A creamy butter icing is what you need].