1 hr 5 mins
Linda in South Africa's Note:
This recipe is VERY tasty and elegant and takes no baking!(unless you have to bake the Swiss Roll yourself) It looks divine in a clear glass bowl where one can see the layers.I found it in a South African Magazine .If you don't like the Liquer in the recipe you can make it without it still tastes divine. ..of course it is better with the liquer!
My Private Note
Large d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (397 g) cans condensed milk
- 6 (250 g) packages smooth cream cheese
- 375 ml lemon juice
- 1 bottle cherry liqueur (Buy in a Liquer store)
- 3 (425 g) cans black cherries
- 1 package sliced almonds
- 200 g chocolate, flakes made by scraping a slab of chocolates with a knife.
- 350 ml fresh cream
- 1Mix Condensed milk,Cream Cheese,+ Lemon Juice.
- 2Slice Swiss Roll and place in layer in bottom of glass serving dish.
- 3Sprinkle with Cherry Liquer[not the whole bottle] sprinkle to taste.
- 4Don't soak swiss roll in Liquer!
- 5Put some of Black Cherries on top-a few will do.
- 6Sprinkle with Almonds.
- 7Spoon a layer of Cream Cheese mixture over the Almonds.
- 8Cover with some Chocolate flakes.
- 9Repeat layers finishing with Cream Cheese layer.
- 10Lastly Decorate with whipped fresh Cream followed by a last layer of flaked chocolate flakes.
- 11Cool in Refrigerator over night or for 3-4 hours.
- 12INSTRUCTIONS FOR BAKING SWISS ROLL : Preheat oven to 400F.
- 13Whisk egg yolks and Castor Sugar together.
- 14Add the whisked egg whites.
- 15Mix with this the Cake Flour+ Cocoa Powder+ Baking powder.
- 16Pour dough into flat swiss roll pan.
- 17Bake for 5 minutes by 400F. Let Cool.
- 18Spread some previously prepared Chocolate icing or filling on to baked Swiss Roll and roll it up.
- 19leave to cool.
- 20[A creamy butter icing is what you need].
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 803.0
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 188.9 mg
- Sodium 342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 63.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: