Recipe by elsokolj
I saw this recipe in "What's Cooking" magazine from Kraft. It sounds interesting and I am posting in for keepsake.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, wow, wow...this was so good. No one could tell it was from a box...the flavour, the texture, the taste and it looks so pretty. We really enjoyed this dessert. The sour cream and cool whip add a new dimension to this lovey chocolatey cherry treat. I will be making this again and again, thanks so much for sharing.
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 1 (85 g) package Jello gelatin, cherry powder
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 3 cups Cool Whip Topping
- 1⁄3 cup drained maraschino cherry, divided
- 1 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking square, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package in 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Loosen layers from sides of pans with knife or metal spatula.
- Cool 15 minute.
- Bring 1 cup of the water to boil; stir into dry jelly powder until completely dissolved.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of water.
- Pierce cake layers with large fork at 1/2 inch intervals.
- Carefully pour half of the jelly mixture over each cake layer.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Mix sour cream and icing sugar; gently stir in whipped topping.
- Dip 1 cake pan in warm water 10 sec.; unmold onto serving plate.
- Spread with 1 cup whipped topping mixture.
- Reserve a few cherries for garnish.
- Chop remaining cherries; sprinkle over.
- Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer.
- Frost top and sides with whipped topping mixture.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate; garnish with reserved cherries.