Recipe by Miss Erin C.
This is so simple and so good. It's very rich, you really need the ice cream to help cut the sweetness a bit.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the first 5 ingredients in a lightly greased cake pan starting with the cherry pie filling on the bottom and ending wtih the cake mix on the top.
- Sprinkle the pieces of butter or margarine over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.