Recipe by Bettie #2
From Cuisine at Home 2006 Cookie Book. Chocolate crinkles with dried cherries and chocolate added for extra richness.
Top Review by Desirai J.
Well. They taste really good. But they spread out while baking, and pretty much looked like a pan of brownies. They stuck to the pan and to each other so they're mostly just chunks I had to cut into the shape of cookies.... And by that I mean squares. And by squares I mean not any identifiable shape. I would make again, but would add more flour next time. But they do taste great.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder (not duch process)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup dried tart cherry
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together, set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Add cocoa to melted butter, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in egg, coffee mixture, and vanilla, fully blending in each one before adding the next.
- Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold chocolate chips and cherries into the dough until evenly distributed.
- Shape into generous two inch balls.
- Roll balls in powder sugar two times and arange in baking sheets, spacing two inches apart.
- Bake for 12 -14 minutes, or until cookies are cracked, but still soft; do not ovrbake.