Old Country German recipe posted for 'Zaar World Tour II...Sooooo delicious! From Pillsbury
Make and share this Black Forest Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 450º.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for one crust baked shell using 9 inch pie crust. Bake at 450 for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. (Refrigerate other crust for a later use.).
- In small saucepan, melt 6 ounces chocolate and margarine over low heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup of the cherry pie filling.
- Spread chocolate filling evenly into cooled pie shell.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In small bowl, combine whipped cream and grated chocolate.
- Spread evenly over cooled chocolate layer.
- Spoon remaining pie filling evenly around outer edge of pie.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.