Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Old Country German recipe posted for 'Zaar World Tour II...Sooooo delicious! From Pillsbury
- 1 (15 ounce) package pie crusts
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- Heat oven to 450º.
- Prepare pie crust according to package directions for one crust baked shell using 9 inch pie crust. Bake at 450 for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. (Refrigerate other crust for a later use.).
- In small saucepan, melt 6 ounces chocolate and margarine over low heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup of the cherry pie filling.
- Spread chocolate filling evenly into cooled pie shell.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In small bowl, combine whipped cream and grated chocolate.
- Spread evenly over cooled chocolate layer.
- Spoon remaining pie filling evenly around outer edge of pie.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
Wonderful!! This is a chocolate lovers delight :) Thanks. Made for SSaSSy's ZWT6 German Forum Challenge: Chocolate Challenge!!
Great pie!! Following Dienia's example I used Dutch "Koeken" Pie Crust made gluten free for the crust. Then I had to make some adjustments for dietary needs - used vegan cream cheese and rice whip to be dairy free and dark chocolate instead of semisweet. But anyway this was fantastic - another keeper! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT6 Germany / Benelux.
made with Dutch "Koeken" Pie Crust very good very easy zaar tour 6