Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A soft cookie, that doesn't contain much flour. Our whole family loves these cookies. The recipe was found on the back of a package of OceanSpray Craisins.
- 1 (1 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (1 ounce) package dried cranberries, preferably cherry flavor
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 3/4 cup chocolate chips into an uncovered large microwave-safe bowl.
- Set remaining chips aside.
- Microwave chips for 2 minutes on high.
- Stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips, craisins, and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and set to the touch.
- For a firmer cookie bake for 14 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
The original craisins are a staple in my house, but my grocery store was out of them this week so I bought the cherry flavor instead. I didn't love them for munching, but the recipe for Black Forest Cookies on the back of the package looked delish so I whipped up a batch. I subbed semi-sweet chocolate chips and I'm glad I did because I think the cookies would have been too sweet with milk chocolate chips. Thank you for posting!
Wonderful, different cookie!! I liked how simple and easy they are to make. I gave them to my inlaws as today is their anniversary and my MIL called to graciously thank me for such a wonderful cookie and wanted to know how to make them too. They will be a nice addition to holiday baking!!
I used a bar of very good dark chocolate, dried cherries, chopped up almond chocolate and chopped walnut. Absolutely heavenly. I chose this recipe because it used one dish for mixing..how easy is that? one bowl to wash up. The guests at the party were looking at me in awe and wonder with chocolate around their faces speechless!!!