Recipe by Martina
A soft cookie, that doesn't contain much flour. Our whole family loves these cookies. The recipe was found on the back of a package of OceanSpray Craisins.
Top Review by DreamoBway
The original craisins are a staple in my house, but my grocery store was out of them this week so I bought the cherry flavor instead. I didn't love them for munching, but the recipe for Black Forest Cookies on the back of the package looked delish so I whipped up a batch. I subbed semi-sweet chocolate chips and I'm glad I did because I think the cookies would have been too sweet with milk chocolate chips. Thank you for posting!
- 1 (1 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (1 ounce) package dried cranberries, preferably cherry flavor
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 3/4 cup chocolate chips into an uncovered large microwave-safe bowl.
- Set remaining chips aside.
- Microwave chips for 2 minutes on high.
- Stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips, craisins, and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and set to the touch.
- For a firmer cookie bake for 14 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.