Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Everyday Food. I haven't tried these yet, but am planning adding to my Holiday cookie baskets. Update: Thanks to Gayla's kind review I had to make these NOW. Soooo glad I did, some of the best cookies I've ever made. Almost like a chocolate covered cherry cookie. Maybe I just make big cookies, but I only ended up with about 24, and 11 1/2 minutes was just the right bake time for my oven.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350. Line three baking sheets with parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Place chopped chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in sugars, then eggs til smooth.
- Whisk in dry ingredients just until combined (do not overmix). Fold in chocolate chunks and cherries; press plastic wrap onto surface of dough and refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes.
- Drop mounds of dough (equal to 2 level tablespoons), about 2 inches apart, onto prepared sheets. Bake just until edges are firm (but not darkening) 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
These were a big hit here. Really decadent, perfect for any chocolate lover. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm sure I'll be making these again.
Delicious. One of my favorite cookies now.
These were really yummy and decadent. I loved the cherries (which I don't usually have access to, but worth it if you can get them). I think it would have been easier to make these with a portion scoop, since mine tended to fall apart. I think I should have compacted them more before baking. I tried to use waxed paper instead of parchment because I was out, and didn't like the result. The second set (3rd pan that I didn't have prepared) I greased heavily which worked ok. I will make sure I have the parchment next time though.