Recipe by lets.eat
This is soooo good. Yes 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract is correct.
Top Review by Russell Cooks
I didn't rate this because I made some significant changes to the recipe. This is a nice idea, but each layer is so sugary it is overkill to me. I found that the flavors just didn't blend like they do in a black forest cake. However, I brought this to a german class and got positive feedback. So for those who could stand to OD on sugar, chocolate chips, and cherries, go for it, otherwise, skip dessert.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs; add the sugar, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder (mixture will be thin), when blended add the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Drop cherry pie filling by the teaspoonfuls in even rows into the batter.
- With a pastry blender combine the bisquick, sugar and butter to form loose crumbs, add the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake 375' for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until cake is golden brown and when tested done with toothpick.