Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delight for those who love Black Forest cake, this will warm you all the way to your toes!
- 85.04 g fresh brewed coffee, dark roast
- 28.34 g chocolate syrup
- 28.34 g maraschino cherry juice
- 14.17 g Grand Marnier (for non alcoholic version use orange syrup)
- hot milk, to taste (use your expresso steamer if you have one)
- In a mug stir together coffee, and flavorings top with hot milk to taste.
- Make it extra special by adding whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolater syrup.
On Friday afternoons, I treat myself to a "fancy" coffee drink (usually at a coffee shop), and decided to try this one this week, at home. I made the non-alcoholic version, using sugar-free orange syrup and it was very tasty! I "steamed" the milk in a microwave frother, and added a bit of foam to mine that way. Loved the combination of cherry, orange and chocolate. This one will go into my Friday rotation. Thanks!
I decided to use cherry schnapps instead of maraschino cherry juice since I had some... it definitely provided a cherry presence to to the drink. The addition of chocolate syrup more this nice and rich. Made for ZWT6.
I don't usually drink coffee in the afternoon, but on occasion I have an urge to drin it, and I decided to go the ZWT route this time. Never thought to combine these ingredients together, but I just love it. I like the idea of warming my milk for it, since I find cold milk will sometimes cool my coffee and this just helps keep it warm. Will be trying this again!