These are really delicious and chocolately drop cookies from the cookbook, "Baked: New Frontiers in Baking" by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. Dough needs to be refrigerated for at least 6 hours. Don't overbake these—they're at their best when slightly gooey. This recipe can be halved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (60 to 72% cacao)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 2In a large metal bowl, combine the dark chocolate and butter,. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and cook, stirring with a rubber spatula, until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs and sugars on high speed until the mixture is pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and the vanilla and beat until just combined. Scrape down the bowl and beat again for 10 seconds. Add the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined, about 10 seconds. Do not overmix. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and dried cherries.The dough will look very loose, but it will harden in the refrigerator. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375°F Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 5Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through the baking time, until the tops of the cookies are set and begin to show a few cracks. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before removing from the pans and serving.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 38.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: