Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Celebrate Oktoberfest - or any occasion - with this savory, German style dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 113.39 g black forest ham, cut into thin strips
- 709.77 ml coleslaw mix
- 4.92 ml caraway seed, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash hands. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. Wash hands.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat to medium-high; add chicken. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Remove from skillet.
- Add onion, potatoes, ham, slaw mix and caraway seed to skillet. Mix well, then top with chicken. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is done (internal temperature 170° F).
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with hot rye rolls. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thigh Cutlets may be substituted fro the boneless, skinless breasts.