Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground whole black peppercorn
- 4 slices german Limburger cheese
- 8 slices german black forest ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season each butterflied chicken breast with paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper on all sides. Lie each piece flat on a cutting board; place 2 slices of ham and 1 slice of cheese inside each. Fold over to seal the chicken breast. Insert a wooden toothpick at each end to seal.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dot with vegetable oil and bake until chicken reaches 180 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.