1/1 Photo of Black Forest Chicken
This is from IGA. This looks so good; hopefully I'll be able to try it soon. Since I keep I know there is a lactose free cooking cream that is considered pareve, which is good to keep in mind. There will be leftover sauce in the end, and you can use it for ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced (or a yellow onion)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup drained tin black cherries, juice reserved
- 1/4 cup reserved cherry juice
- 5 (10 g) lindt 70% cocoa dark chocolate squares (50g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup 15% cream (15% m.f. cooking cream)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degree C (350 degree F).
- 2Season chicken breasts on both sides with pepper.
- 3Heat oil over medium high heat in an ovenproof pan. Sear chicken breasts for about 1 minute on each side, or until they are golden. Remove from pan and reserve.
- 4Add onion to the pan and saute, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Add 2 tablespoons of water, scraping brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 5Place chicken breasts on the bed of onions and cover; cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink inside and internal temperature reaches 82 C (180 F). Season with salt to taste.
- 6In the meantime, bring cherry juice to boil in a small saucepan. Add chocolate; reduce heat to low and stir until chocolate is melted.
- 7Add cherries and vanilla and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cream and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Keep warm.
- 8Serve chicken breasts on onions with the Black Forest sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 151.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dark chocolate squares