1/3 Photos of Black Forest Cherry Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (There should be 4 squares of chocolate and it should be melted.)
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons kirsch liqueur
- 1CAKE: Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until thick and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- 2Alternately fold chocolate and flour into the egg mixture, ending with flour.
- 3Pour the batter into 3 8-inch cake pans that have been well greased and floured.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Cool cakes in pans for 5 minutes; turn out on racks to cool completely.
- 6SYRUP: Make syrup by mixing together sugar and water and boiling for 5 minutes.
- 7When syrup has cooled, stir in kirsch.
- 8Prick the cake layers and pour syrup over all 3 layers.
- 9FILLING: To make the butter-cream filling, beat together sugar and butter until well blended.
- 10Add egg yolk; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 11Fold in Kirsch.
- 12CAKE ASSEMBLY: To assemble cake, place 1 layer on a cake plate.
- 13Spread with butter cream filling.
- 14Using 3/4 cup of the cherries, which have been patted dry, drop cherries evenly over cream.
- 15Place second layer on cake.
- 17Place third layer on top.
- 18Fold 2 T confectioners' sugar into the whipped cream.
- 19Cover the sides and top of the cake with whipped cream.
- 20Decorate top of cake with remaining 1/2 cup cherries.
- 21To make chocolate curls from chocolate bar, shave (at room temperature) with a vegetable peeler.
- 22Refrigerate curls until ready to use.
- 23Press chocolate curls on sides of cake and sprinkle a few on the top.
- 24Chill until serving time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.3
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 216.2 mg
- Sodium 138.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 63.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: