Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another chocolate yummy from Pillsbury.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix, with pudding
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3 eggs
FILLING AND TOPPING
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 15x10x1 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Line bottom of pan with waxed paper and spray it also.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package using the flour, water and egg.
- Pour into prepared paper lined pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until completely done.
- Invert cake onto wire rack and remove pan and paper.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl combine cherry pie filling and 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Cut cake in half crosswise to make two 10x7 inch layers.
- Place one layer on serving platter.
- Spread pie filling mixture over top.
- Top with remaining cake layer.
- Stir remaining 1/4 tsp almond extract into whipped topping.
- Spread topping mixture over top and sides of cake.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with candied or maraschino cherries and chocolate curls.