Prep 30 mins
Cook 48 mins
This is a unique cheesecake recipe that uses a marble cake mix.
- 1 (18 ounce) package fudge marble cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 13X9 inch baking pan.
- Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix and swirl pouch; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining cake mix, oil and 1 egg at low speed until dough forms. Press in bottom and 1 inch up sides of greased pan. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in reserved 1 cup cake mix and remaining cheesecake ingredients at low speed; beat 3 minutes at medium speed until creamy. Reserve 2 cups cheese mixture.
- Spoon remaining cheese mixture over base. Add reserved swirl pouch to reserved cheese mixture; blend well. Spoon chocolate mixture evenly over cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until edges are set and center is almost set. Do not overbake.
- Run sharp knife around edges of pan. Cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- Spoon cherry pie filling over top of cheesecake; refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.