Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
I found this recipe in a NZ Straight Furrow. It was submitted by Julie Dobbs as being a recipe that 'not only looks stunning, but tastes superb'. Posted here for safe keeping and I will hopefully get it made for our Christmas Day lunch 2010. It mentions that the cheese cake is best made the day before.Posted here for safe keeping.
- 1 (200 g) packet biscuits, Chocolate Thin Biscuits
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon Jello gelatin, known in NZ as gelatine however this ingredient is unknown on this site
- 250 g cream cheese, original, not lite
- 300 ml cream, whipped
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 425 g boysenberries, drained and juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- vanilla essence, few drops
- drained boysenberry juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Base: Crush biscuits, mix together with the butter, press into a loose bottom tin and refrigerate.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Sprinkle gelatine over the boiling water, dissolve, cool and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Put half the mixture on the base, then boysenberries, then other half of cream cheese mixture.
- Topping: Put sugar and cornflour in pot. Gradually stir in the boysenberry juice until boiling and beginning to thicken. Remove from heat, and add essence. Allow mixture to cool slightly then spread over the cake.