Kiwi Kathy's Note:
I found this recipe in a NZ Straight Furrow. It was submitted by Julie Dobbs as being a recipe that 'not only looks stunning, but tastes superb'. Posted here for safe keeping and I will hopefully get it made for our Christmas Day lunch 2010. It mentions that the cheese cake is best made the day before.Posted here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (200 g) packet biscuits, Chocolate Thin Biscuits
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon Jello gelatin, known in NZ as gelatine however this ingredient is unknown on this site
- 250 g cream cheese, original, not lite
- 300 ml cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 425 g boysenberries, drained and juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- vanilla essence, few drops
- drained boysenberry juice
- 1Base: Crush biscuits, mix together with the butter, press into a loose bottom tin and refrigerate.
- 2Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- 3Sprinkle gelatine over the boiling water, dissolve, cool and add to cream cheese mixture.
- 4Fold in the whipped cream.
- 5Put half the mixture on the base, then boysenberries, then other half of cream cheese mixture.
- 7Topping: Put sugar and cornflour in pot. Gradually stir in the boysenberry juice until boiling and beginning to thicken. Remove from heat, and add essence. Allow mixture to cool slightly then spread over the cake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Forest Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.3
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 323.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: